Friday, September 3, 2010

Just Write " Consolation 5"

My First Riding Experience in Northern University of Malaysia

It was 6.30am in the morning. I woke up and I knew today is the day for me to have my first riding lesson in my life. I was so excited and I quickly changed my pajamas and rushed to the bus station with my roommates.

When I reached the stable, the horses were so quiet and calm in their stable, I touched their face softly and say ‘hello, good morning!’ to them, they were just too gentle. There are 7 horses in the stable, which is Alang, Martina, Storm, Texas, Prince, For us and Juan Pablo.

Around 7.30am, my coach, Mr. Wan reached and bring me to a room. Inside the room, there are equipments for riding. I changed my sport shoes and get in a pair of riding shoes. It was hard for me to wear it because my leg is just too short. But soon I will get use to it. After that, I put on a helmet and yes, I’m ready to ride on the horse.

My coach brought me to Martina, a female horse, youngest among all the horses and is the most docile and obedient. I have to help her put on her head collars and bring it out from her stable by controlling n pulling the lead ropes. This was the first time I bring the horse myself. I was really nervous yet very excited. Before riding, I would have to help her to wipe her face using a wet cloth to make sure her face is clean just like helping a little kid to wash their face and have to brush their body using a brush.

After that, I have to learn how to take out the head collars n put on bridles on her head instead. It was quite hard for me because the horse is higher than me. My coach help me to put on the saddle on it, and after all things is checked, only my turn to ride on it.

Once I get on it, I feel very unstable and scared but after a few moments, I had overcome my fears trying my best to control the horse using the rein. My coach guided me and the horse started to walk. I feel so happy. When I pull the rein to right, then Martina will turn right, I pull left, then she will turn left. It’s really fun. After I‘ve learn how to walk, coach ask me to stand up on the stirrup n sit again in the rhythm up-down-up-down. This is to prepare me how to trot. Shift your weight back but not too back, keep your knees locked but not too tight because and always look confident, this was taught by the coach.

After half an hour up-down on the horse, it was almost 9am, I helped to take off all the equipments and bath her. Her body was so sweaty just like mine. There ends my first riding lesson and I’m anticipating for my next lesson to come. My dream is to become a rider someday in my university and I wouldn’t give up easily.

By 203669